3/11/2008

Jai Guru Deva Om

Jai Guru Deva om

It was said in the beatles song "Across the Universe". Most simple translation is:

"I give thanks to Guru Dev (heavenly teacher) om"

Om is just a sound. However a more detailed translation is:

"Jai" means "O Hail" or "Victory to"
"Guru" means "Teacher"
"Deva" means "God/Lord/Demi-God&q uot;
"om" some say is the source of all existence that comes from vibration

Note Guru Dev was a Maharishi's teacher

Jai guru deva om
Nothing gonna change my world
Nothing gonna change my world
Nothing gonna change my world
Nothing gonna change my world


Across the Universe" is a song by The Beatles that first appeared on a charity release in December 1969, and later, in modified form, on their final album, Let It Be. The song features John Lennon singing lead, who was also the primary composer (though, as with all Beatles songs written by either composer, the song is credited to Lennon/McCartney).