3/12/2008

Ashley Alexandra Dupré, Eliot Spitzer and Emperors Club VIP

Ashley Alexandra Dupré, who was born Ashley Youmans, is 22, an aspiring R&B singer, the product of "a broken home," and, of course, gorgeous. But she's so much more. The Times gets a great deal of its biographical data from Dupré's MySpace page, which is really quite something.



Excerpts from her MySpace bio:
When I was 17, I left home. It was my decision and I've never looked back. Left my hometown. Left a broken family. Left abuse. Left an older brother who had already split. Left and learned what it was like to have everything, and lose it, again and again. Learned what it was like to wake up one day and have the people you care about most gone. I have been alone. I have abused drugs. I have been broke and homeless. But, I survived, on my own. I am here, in NY because of my music.



Eliot Spitzer prostitution scandal
On March 10, 2008, The New York Times reported that Democratic New York Governor Eliot Spitzer had on the evening of February 13, 2008 patronized a high class prostitution service called Emperors Club VIP and met for over two hours with a $1,000-an-hour call girl now known to be named Ashley DiPietro in an extra room that Spitzer rented for the purpose at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C.. The room, Number 871, had been registered under the name of an uninvolved friend, George Fox, and Spitzer's Fifth Avenue Manhattan address.